Hi everyone...I'm new to the forum. I just got an old family heirloom from my dad...its our 49 CJ2A. It was my first car when I turned 16 in 1983...and I'm looking for the best shop in the metroplex that has lots of experience with Jeeps this age. I know there are lots of "trick up" shops for new Jeeps, but looking for someone who has lots of experience restoring and modifying these classics. This one is pretty banged up from years of being on the deer lease and has some mods on it, but it has always been garaged/barn kept. The last time it ran was probably about 5 years ago. Not looking to do a show quality restoration or take it back to original by any means, but do want to go completely thru it mechanically and cosmetically. I know it won't make some on the forum happy (sorry), but I'm looking to make this one look and drive "newer"....I will keep the original Go Devil 4 banger, etc... but would like to rebuild the motor, convert brakes, steering, suspension...and then lift, paint and dress her up. Was thinking about going back with green Kevlar paint, small lift and bucket seats and, of course, tires and black rims. Now before you guys that are purist start cussing me about not leaving it "original", let me say that my dad modified in before I got it in 1983 with after market wheels/tires and drilled holes all over the tub for gun racks and roll bars, etc...it has been converted to 12V.

Would greatly appreciate anyone's recommendation for shops in DFW area