Hey all, not sure if this is the right place to ask or not but I'm currently looking at purchasing an M38a1 and I have questions. Let me preface this by explaining the situation a little bit. 1.) I don't know how to drive a stick yet, but I will learn I'm assuming it can't be too hard being a 3 speed, but will take some getting used to. 2.) I don't have a trailer or way to transport said Jeep if I purchase it. 3.) I don't want it to be a daily driver ( I have other vehicles for that) but I don't want the limitations of only being able to drive it in parades/to shows by registering it as an antique or a classic in Pennsylvania.

So now my questions:

1.) If I register it as a regular vehicle and try to get insurance say from Grundy whom I already got a quote from or some other company - will they insure it if I register it as a regular plate? I mean obviously I need the proof of insurance to register it in the first place but will they allow that or drop me if I don't switch it to classic or antique plates? Trying to iron out some of the sticking points to make the buying process as smooth as possible, I'll be having to have a friend drive it home for me more than likely unless I find a friend with a large enough truck/trailer. So I need to get the insurance issue ironed out in advance and was wondering if anyone from PA has any experience with this situation

2. The vehicle I'm looking at is a 1953 M38a1 but it seems to be missing the electrical port on the passenger side as well as the plate for the machine gun mount in the tub, it does have the grab handle on the passenger side, and the glove box on the driver side though. The engine looks different to me than other M38a1 photos I've looked at and it's making it really hard to tell if it's really an M38a1, another model or a CJ made to look like one, or a hodgepodge of various models. If anyone would like to take a look at the photos and give an opinion I can share the listing/pictures from the listing. I prefer to definitely get an M38a1 instead of a CJ if possible. As I mentioned I'm fairly new to the Willy's jeeps so I'm learning a lot as I go, but my late father was always raving about them and saying how he wished he had one etc... apparently that bug has bitten me now...I feel like I must have one lol.

Thanks in advance!