Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Folks! Carolina CJ-3A family project

Reverse psychology only works one way. The more she acts like she would be OK with it, the more she is trying to mind bend me to not. Then I would offer to take her to the mall in said get up.

Our high school is the same. She opted in to the ag program, (probably truth be known), that's where the guys that are worth a hoot are.

I need to see all the looks when you old boy's figure out you do not have the girls in this generation figured out at all. Man do we just love to bounce the subject matter around. We better hope Pyrolocks does not' spot this thread.

This generation. ... lol...

I was going through some of the parts and pieces that dad had bought from KW. I opened up the new electric wiper kit and noticed something odd. The wiper arm shaft is about 5-inches long. Looks like dad either entered the wrong part number, or the wrong one was pulled. He ordered several things and set them back, so the invoice is old now.

My question is, do you all think KW will 'swap out' the motor or the kit? I bet it's been 12-18 months since he ordered it.
    Speed Safely!

BP

The electric wiper kit is a universal, fit all applications. The outer threaded sleeve and then the motor shaft needs to be trimmed down to fit your particular windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    The electric wiper kit is a universal, fit all applications. The outer threaded sleeve and then the motor shaft needs to be trimmed down to fit your particular windshield.
    Oh, i see. I'll have to trim off 4.5 inches. I will try and take a second look at it this evening after i get the mowing done. I'd rather just have 2 manual wipers on it to fill the holes, but since we've got it...
    Speed Safely!

BP

place the motor in place, through the windshield, then figure out the geometry of the wiper arms, then mark and cut. The outer threaded sleeve will be cut down more then the motor shaft to allow clearance for the wiper arm to travel. Some do not cut them off, and the first time they lay the windshield down and scratch the crap out of the paint on the hood. Makes for a bad day.

15984079270552575721209913363521.jpg
    Here is what I'm working with. (I hope the image loaded correctly)
    Speed Safely!

BP

What was THAT noise?

L and I tried to get Sarge out over the weekend, but...

After we filled the gas tank, loaded the fishing rods and cleaned the windshield, we took it for a shake-down drive. Sure glad we did! On our way back to the house we heard a noise that made us both cringe. It came from the DS rear and when we eased back up the driveway, I noticed the DS was dragging with each revolution. Jacked it up, took off DS rear wheel and when I tried turning it, I could hear something clanking around and it'd stick.

That's when I noticed that nor myself or dad have a hub puller. grrr! I'm hoping one of the parts stores have one in their rental program.
    Speed Safely!

BP

Some of the chain parts stores have loan-a-tool programs. You'll want to look for a puller like the one sold by Kaiser. It mounts to the lug studs, and pulls evenly. The jaw style pullers hurt you and the drum.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/vehicle...86-jeep-willys