Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts Question

Parts Question

Does anyone have any idea whether 47 Panel Delivery parts will crossover to a 58 Panel Delivery? I have the 58 and have found a 47 relatively close that has a better body. I just don’t know about the rest. Thanks.

The dashboard on forward to the front bumper is different on the '47. The dash would be the toughest part to change over, but not impractical.

Gmwillys, thank you. I understand the passenger side floor panel is different also? Or maybe it’s the drivers. I’ll have to go back and look. Anyway the body is better on the 47 and somebody past has the brake pedal repositioned way too far left on the 58.., so I hope to get all that squared away.

It depends on if it is a 4 wheel drive or not. The '47 was more than likely a two wheel drive, because most were true delivery vehicles. The difference is the floor pan would be cut to fit around the transfercase on the4X4.

The brake modification should be reversible in order to make it drivable.

So I went ahead and bought the 47. Gave $1200 for it. The body is much nicer than the 58 except the 47 has a tailgate and hatch. Not sure how much I like that but we’ll see after it’s delivered. It is a 4wd so that’s a plus. I think I’m going to use the 47 body on the 58 chassis or maybe just swap parts over from the 58. I do like the 58 dash better than the 47s though.

The tailgate and hatch have their plus sides and minuses. It really boils down to personal preference. Does your '58 have side windows? If so, do they look like an after thought? There was a factory conversion to add windows, and they were called Parkway conversions, due to the facility to where they were worked. This took a standard sedan delivery and made it into a more versatile wagon with the ambulance doors, but better visibility for maneuvering.

http://www.ewillys.com/2012/08/12/pa...chure-on-ebay/

Nope, no side windows. Was the 47 the only year to get a tailgate? I sure do thank you for all the info.

No problem at all. We are here to serve.

No, the tailgate was available throughout the entire production run. I have a '63 that the tailgate will need to have some major surgery to repair some rust issues on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the serious whip antenna on the left rear quarter! My dad had one of those on the family station wagon for his HAM radio.

The hole for the antenna is an easy fix. The two holes for the hitch going through the embossed Willys on the bumper is what cringes me. Still an easy fix, but why would someone do that!