Thread: Introduction me and my future Virtual Willys MB

Introduction me and my future Virtual Willys MB

Hi Everyone, my name is André. At the beginning of 2020, I bought my first 3D printer. I’ve also started learning Fusion 360.

My actual project is to model a 3D Willys MB and printing it. I’m thinking a 1/10 scale but I want to make my design in such a way that it is scalable easily using the parametric feature of Fusion 360.

I will be looking at the restoration project here to learn as much as I can in order to model my Virtual Willys MB as faithful as possible to the original.

Thank you for letting me lurk at your wonderful projects.

André

Oh a modern day project! This will be pretty cool to see. When your done I want one printed.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Oh a modern day project! This will be pretty cool to see. When your done I want one printed.
    Thanks bmorgil!

Should I start a thread of the virtual build? If so in which sub-forum would it be best located?

Will start the frame portion pretty soon.

Absolutely, put it in the project section, or wherever you like. We aren't picky.

I'm with Bmorgil, I would like one as well. As far as 3D printing goes, I saw an article in passing of a guy printing out Warn lock out hub sockets, (so to speak). They are hand grips for turning the lockout hubs in and out. Great idea for the more seasoned Heepers.

I want one. Is it gonna be original? Resto? Restomod?

Thank you Guys, I will start a thread in the project section by the end of the week.

5JeepsAz, I'm going to be as original as possible, working from blueprints, manual and pictures.

My knowledge of Willys are limited, I hope you all chime in when I make mistakes.