Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Brothers and Sisters of the Jeep

Red face Hello Brothers and Sisters of the Jeep

My name is Bill Torok. Along time ago I bought a brand new 1974 CJ 5 Renegade and had a blast in it. I had a dumb-*** attach and sold it, well as time went by marriage, kids, work and then retirement.... yes!
    Well a couple of years ago I found a 1964 Lone Star Deauville project boat and I started working on it in May , Got it done and called her LOU - LOO,my river boat.
    Well getting a title was a PITA. I found the owner that bought it in PA 4 miles from me and we got it straightened out , TITLE yes!
    When I went to his place we were outside bullshiting and I spotted a jeep in his back yard. He said he was cutting it up and scraping it , Well that wasn't going to happen, I am the proud owner of a 19 ?? Jeep.....LOL.
    When you see my questions you'll understand.
    Nice to be here.
    Beef

Welcome Beef!

We are happy to have you. There are no questions too small or dumb. Feel free to ask away, because more often then not, we all learn something new all the time.

Growing up, my folks bought a brand new sunburst orange '73 Renegade, and wish it was sitting in the garage-ma-hall. It doesn't help that one of my guys at work drives one every day. Only difference is that his is cream colored.
    We look forward to see pictures of your new project, and to assist where needed.

Now I can't wait to see what you saved. Keep em' on the road man!

Pictures man! Preferably when it's still in the weeds awaiting you to save it. How can it not be 1970's? The dude owned a boat. That says 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Pictures man! Preferably when it's still in the weeds awaiting you to save it. How can it not be 1970's? The dude owned a boat. That says 70's.
    No I'm glad its a 64. The boat is a 64 matching set....lol
    He bought the boat for the motor and trailer, I saved the whole thing. We have had it on the Maumee river, had a great time.
    I am a wood boat person too. have a 22' SkiffCraft at lake Erie.
    Last week I took LOU - LOO out on the big pond and had a blast. LOU - LOO is a 15 ' Lone Star fiberglass boat with a 40 hp Johnsn.
    Can't wait to pull her with my jeep.

If you like Jeeps, and boats, then look at this.. The best of both worlds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ww2-amphibi...gAAOSwL4hfS-jH

What do boats and Jeeps have in common? Both are acronyms;

J Just
    E Empty
    E Every
    P Pocket

B Break
    O Out
    A Another
    T Thousand

Haha gm, that is so true! I am working on the boat motor right now. 620 HP 540 cu inch motor. One water cooled high performance exhaust manifold.... $1000.

OH so true......LOL

I had the opportunity to put some speed parts on a 502 Mercruiser. The owner just wanted to squeeze out a couple more bar stops out of $40 worth of marina fuel. A Weiand aluminum dual plane intake alone wasn't enough to make much difference

Check out this rig. Big block Chrysler Hemi on a jet boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOA6WrarZEQ

That's a Sonny's Motor on there gm! Holly smokes that's a lot of motor. I enjoy watching Finnegan and his buddies on YouTube. They will do anything.