Thread: I'm in the same boat

I'm in the same boat

In my introduction i said how I found my Jeep. When I bought it he said it was a 1964 CJ5..................OK.
    I haven't done anything to it yet but look it over, The vin #are gone but I have a identification # on the title.
    Well the issue I'm having is there is a 134L Go Devil setting in the engine compartment and it looks like its supposes to be there. Yes a Flathead 4 which I'm very happy with. My question could someone stuck a CJ 5 body on a CJ3A? 1953 was the last yr they used that engine.
    What do you think? I'll buy a new body for it. The whole thing is rough but I love it with that Engine. The body looks like it fits but I think its wrong
    Happy to be here.
    The Beef
    BEEF CREEK BOAT WORKS

Beef,
    Anything is possible with a Heep. Not very much surprises me to how or why Jeeps end up the way they do. Just a wild guess, if the body fits the frame, then someone stuck the L head in to replace the F head. The 3A frame would not quite line up under the CJ5 because of the length difference with the fenders. It's close, but not exactly.

gmwillys, Great call I think your right. it looks like its supposed to be there. I' ll bet you right, I think it will bolt right up to trans .
    They are both 134's 1 L head , 1 F head same block right?

The L head and the F head are identical in block geometry. The mounts and transmission are all the same.

Thank you !

Now we just need to figure out what model of frame you do have. Then we can envision your path forward as far as a body. On that note, if you are looking around for descent body kits, check out the Replitub from Willys Overland in Toledo. They take the MD Juan bodies from the Philippines and repair all the discrepancies that you would find. Brake and clutch rod holes missing and body mounts being misaligned to name a few.

https://www.willysoverland.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Now we just need to figure out what model of frame you do have. Then we can envision your path forward as far as a body. On that note, if you are looking around for descent body kits, check out the Replitub from Willys Overland in Toledo. They take the MD Juan bodies from the Philippines and repair all the discrepancies that you would find. Brake and clutch rod holes missing and body mounts being misaligned to name a few.

https://www.willysoverland.com/
    I was there yesterday ,good people.

Tjones purchased his body from there, if I remember correctly. I was on a road trip several years ago, and found my way through Toledo. They used to have a ton of used parts, but auctioned it all off a few years back to focus on the replitubs. They were great to deal with.

They have a very large display at Toledo Jeep Fest every year. They bring in a few tubs and parts to see. New inventory MD Juan parts are the first step. They (MD Juan) have made MANY improvements through the years. I got mine from KW. I had some issues, mostly with the windshield and firewall behind the throttle. I listed what I had ti do in my restro thread.