Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Thanks, I would have a lot of trouble managing that many shifters.

It's a shame but the Spicer does not print out. The letters are too small for the 0.4mm nozzle.

177.jpg

I hope it will print on the 1:6 scale

What you've got it cool enough. Here's another way, a name plate. And a cool vintage add for your mini folder with mini docs that goes in the mini toolbox. lol. Keep on printing!

Az, your enthusiasm is contagious!

I printed the universal joints and the yokes. I hope these are the smallest parts because I don't see how I could assemble them if they were smaller.

178.jpg

These will be assembled using the smallest screws I have: M2-3mm. 4 of them on every universal joint. The heads of the screw will clash a bit because they will look disproportionate with the rest. They will look better on the 1:6 scale.

The "Diamond" is good enough on the logo. Everyone who knows, knows what it stands for. You never see this much detail in a functioning model. I am just smiling over those U-Joints, I am certain I won't be the only one!

I inherited a Tucker Torpedo model that was put out by one of the premier auto modeler companies that you see in the back of magazines or Sunday paper. It isn't in the same zip code to the amount of precision to what you have accomplished. Well done!

Those U-joints could almost be called "cute".

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    The "Diamond" is good enough on the logo. Everyone who knows, knows what it stands for. You never see this much detail in a functioning model. I am just smiling over those U-Joints, I am certain I won't be the only one!
    Thanks bmorgil, I ordered a 0.25mm nozzle, maybe I will be able to print the Spicer name. The details of the smaller parts should be better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I inherited a Tucker Torpedo model that was put out by one of the premier auto modeler companies that you see in the back of magazines or Sunday paper. It isn't in the same zip code to the amount of precision to what you have accomplished. Well done!
    Thanks gmwillys, happy to see that I'm paying enough attention to details.

Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    Those U-joints could almost be called "cute".

I've completed the priming of the parts and assembled them. The screws on the yokes/ujoints aren't as bas as I was expecting.

179.jpg 180.jpg 181.jpg 182.jpg 183.jpg

I bought a second printer this morning. I do not expect to make any progress on the modeling side as I will need to assemble and tune the new printer.

Man that is so freekin' special!

Pretty darn slick

Multiple printers going on at once.... If you charged admission, we would pay to sit and watch the parts coming to life. Looks great as usual.