Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 365

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

  1. #281
    Senior Member 5JeepsAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    535
    Developing a wiper obsession here. I'm watching closely to see if maybe I can just print me some for my buggy! Gotta compliment your eye for detail. When I started following this build I had no idea how cool it would be. How's the ten hours a day printer doing? Still spitting out cool jeep parts?

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    That looks amazing!
    Thanks Mark!

    Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Developing a wiper obsession here. I'm watching closely to see if maybe I can just print me some for my buggy! Gotta compliment your eye for detail. When I started following this build I had no idea how cool it would be. How's the ten hours a day printer doing? Still spitting out cool jeep parts?

    Thanks Az, sorry for inducing a wiper obsession. Yes the printer is spitting Jeep parts like clockwork. Can't say the same about the darn CAD software that just stop working all the time. I always need to reinstall, a real pain in the butt.

    It's a good thing I test print every file, I'm still finding errors I introduced along the development. This just happen tonight

    331.jpg

    The wall sides around the screw holes are missing. Which was not the case before. Went back in the model to see that at one point I decided to enlarge the hole to the "Loose" dimension since it did not need to threaded in this portion. The "loose" dimension is 2.2mm the thickness of the spring is 3mm. This leaves a wall of .4 mm all around. This is just dandy, my nozzle is 0.4mm, should work just fine. But nope, the slicer software is making 0.45mm thick walls. So it just decided not to print that portion.

    I have to go back in the model and either reduce the hole size to 2mm and thread the screw or thicken the walls a little bit. I kind of lean towards thickening the wall, but that will impact the rear and front axles that will require equivalent changes and to be reprinted. So I need to sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

  3. #283
    Senior Member 5JeepsAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    535
    I've been living in a spreadsheet and it hurts my brain. I don't even want to contemplate the 3 dimensional chess in a CAD program. Read somewheres that even spreadsheets degrade when replicated. What is that all about? Natural selection? Lol. Which brings to mind my most pressing question. How does a digital clock slow down? See, it's all about.......... That's why I read your thread! Only thing that makes any sense. No jeep, then suddenly jeep. Perfect!!

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    I've been living in a spreadsheet and it hurts my brain. I don't even want to contemplate the 3 dimensional chess in a CAD program. Read somewheres that even spreadsheets degrade when replicated. What is that all about? Natural selection? Lol. Which brings to mind my most pressing question. How does a digital clock slow down? See, it's all about.......... That's why I read your thread! Only thing that makes any sense. No jeep, then suddenly jeep. Perfect!!
    I'm not saying it's aliens, but ... it's probably aliens.

  5. #285
    Senior Member 5JeepsAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    535
    It's absolutely freaking aliens bruh. No doubt about it.

  6. #286
    My build document is ready. If you have the time, please take a look and comment on anything that can be improved.

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xI?usp=sharing

    Thanks

  7. #287
    Senior Member 5JeepsAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    535
    I'm wondering if there's a library in this site? I can get into from there maybe. I'd love to see how you did this

  8. #288
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    1,759
    Top Notch presentation Andre'. Thanks for letting me participate!

  9. #289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    449
    Have you thought about the idea of selling that as a model kit?

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    I'm wondering if there's a library in this site? I can get into from there maybe. I'd love to see how you did this
    Az, I'm not sure I understand. Library in what site? how I did what exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Top Notch presentation Andre'. Thanks for letting me participate!
    Im the lucky one, thanks bmorgil

    Quote Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
    Have you thought about the idea of selling that as a model kit?
    Yes, I'm still thinking about it. Yesterday, while assembling the 1:10, I broke a pedal. Not a big deal 9 minutes later I had another one.

    But how do I deal with that with a customer of a kit? I'm thinking maybe a 1:8 scale would be stronger. One other avenue I'm thinking is that if someone breaks a part, I send them the file and they have someone locally print it.

    The other factor is that it won't be cheap, as I stated my break even cost earlier, I'm not sure there is a market out there. But it's not a big deal either to try to sell one on Etsy at a fair price. The price of adding an item in Etsy is 0.20$ So if it does not sell because too expensive, I have not lost much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •