Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

This just makes me smile. It may be the same smile as you get when driving or seeing a vintage jeep on the road, but better because it gives the dreamy kid feeling, just wondering where it will go.

Any update on the 'ink'? You were buying bulk in case they change the formula... Sorry if I missed the update on that

The progress looks good, I can't wait how it will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    This just makes me smile. It may be the same smile as you get when driving or seeing a vintage jeep on the road, but better because it gives the dreamy kid feeling, just wondering where it will go.

Any update on the 'ink'? You were buying bulk in case they change the formula... Sorry if I missed the update on that
    I'm happy you are appreciating the build. I received the filament spools yesterday, they all look the same. I spoke with the company rep and they confirmed that they will do another batch depending on how this one sells or not. So these might be the only ones I'll ever have. I sure hope not because I love the color, the sheen and it prints really well. Fingers crossed

169.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrtt123 View Post
    The progress looks good, I can't wait how it will turn out.
    Thanks mrgrtt, I too can't wait. I spend at least 5 to 6 hours a day on the project to have a steady progression. The printer is printing 12 hours a day spitting out parts. I'm even contemplating the idea of getting another printer to speed things up.

Modeled the transfer case, yokes, universal joints, driving shafts and transmission. This as been the hardest parts to model thus far. I restarted countless times. I think it looks all right. Will start printing and should see if the parts make sense once installed

170.jpg 171.jpg 172.jpg 173.jpg 174.jpg

Looking great! Love the drive shafts! The Dana Diamond on the T-Case is a nice touch. Technically it says "Spicer" inside the diamond. Dana was the parent company.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-10-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Looking great! Love the drive shafts! The Dana Diamond on the T-Case is a nice touch. Technically it says "Spicer" inside the diamond. Dana was the parent company.
    Thanks bmorgil, I saw pictures of both DANA and SPICER written on the case. I did not know which to choose. I'll change it to SPICER

175.jpg

Spicer was on its own until 1946 when Charles Dana "Took over". Then the Dana name was put on a lot of things slowly phasing the Spicer name out. I think that is a picture of a model 20 you have there. I don't think I have ever seen a Dana 18 with Dana on the case. The 20 and 300 do have Dana on the case. But ya never know!

Ask to make sure these are period correct, I do not know. Looking forward to seeing if it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Spicer was on its own until 1946 when Charles Dana "Took over". Then the Dana name was put on a lot of things slowly phasing the Spicer name out. I think that is a picture of a model 20 you have there. I don't think I have ever seen a Dana 18 with Dana on the case. The 20 and 300 do have Dana on the case. But ya never know!
    Thanks, I love this info. Spicer it is now. I could not find a similar font, therefore, I do not have the fancy ends of the S

176.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Ask to make sure these are period correct, I do not know. Looking forward to seeing if it fits.
    Thanks, your second picture shows an insane amount of shifters. I wonder what they do.

Classic on the Spicer logo! Clarence Spicer is no doubt grinning.

That is a "full load" in the second picture. The Transmission, The P.T.O. shifter, Transfer case shifters, and then in the rear it looks like an overdrive in the P.T.O. drive, with a P.T.O..
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-11-2020 at 12:58 PM.