Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Hybrid View

Thank you both for the suggestions. I like the island concept

I already have an Etsy shop and Facebook page dedicated to my work. I also have a YouTube channel with 1300 subscribed people. They're subscribed because of guitar building stuff, but that's an audience I can take advantage of. Like you say word of mouth will also play a big role.

One thing bothering me is the cost of a printed model. Printing is not cost effective. It takes a lot of hours which might drive the price too high just to break even. I should know more when I start printing the complete model. The slicer software has the ability to evaluate how many hours of print and how much filament will be required. I will have a better idea pretty soon.

Just a quick survey and without any obligation, I know the price will be the greatest factor to make a decision.

Regardless of price, what would you fancy most: Fully assembled MB or kit to assemble yourself? Scale 1:10, 1:6 or something specific?

The todo list is shrinking fast. The modeling is now completed. I will finish print the new parts and complete my 1:10 prototype in the next few days. I will then be able to print a complete 1:10 to validate that everything still works well together. I've made so many changes but have not reprinted every single parts. I'm pretty confident that only a few parts may need some rework.

315.jpg 316.JPG

I am sure there will be a market for "finished" and "assembly required". It will be interesting to see where you need to price it to make it worth your while. Inevitably you have one nice prototype!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am sure there will be a market for "finished" and "assembly required". It will be interesting to see where you need to price it to make it worth your while. Inevitably you have one nice prototype!
    Thanks, I'll have a small collection of them. Can't wait to know more as well.