Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

295.jpg 296.jpg 297.jpg298.jpg

as you guessed, there will be LED in the headlights and taillights powered by the 9 volt battery.

I love it. Great names. Kilroy would be from then... Someone posted these tires .. are they real looking as examples?

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    I love it. Great names. Kilroy would be from then... Someone posted these tires .. are they real looking as examples?
    Yep, that is the same picture I used to model my wheels

I had no idea the wheels had bolts like that.

I read they were made this way so anyone could replace a tire in the field. Quite practical in the middle of a conflict.

The wheels were called combat rims. They were two piece rims that allowed the tires to be broken down and changed without having to wrestle with the tire itself. Unbolt the nuts, rim comes apart and tire/tube slips off.

Been working on the back portion of the tub.

This is so much fun, it ties up everything together and it looks mighty good. Lots of details to put on before I print. Here's where I stand

299.jpg 300.JPG 301.JPG

The bracket that will hold the pipes for the roof swivel. They are printed in place with a minuscule gap between the swiveling portion and the base. It is also chamfered so it cannot get out.

302.jpg303.jpg

That's a good place to stand. What's up with the top? Can you print a flexible top?

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    That's a good place to stand. What's up with the top? Can you print a flexible top?
    Two days ago I tried to print for the first time with flexible filament. It screwed up my printer badly. I had to disassemble multiple parts to get it to run again. After wasting the afternoon, I gave my flexible filament to a friend. So technically it's possible to print flexible material, but not me. I'll make a top that will look like the flexible top but rigid.

The detail on the top and bars and all is incredible.