Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

I see the same things when I am laying out printed wiring boards for projects. Components will end up sitting half-way off the board or traces will start on the board at their proper location and wander off into space at some location beyond the board perimeter.

Almost always, it ends up being something I did wrong, misinterpreted or very commonly, I fat-fingered a key entering a parameter.

Your project is absolutely fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Awesome. It seems like everything matters. Color, definition, fitment.
    Thanks Az!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    I see the same things when I am laying out printed wiring boards for projects. Components will end up sitting half-way off the board or traces will start on the board at their proper location and wander off into space at some location beyond the board perimeter.

Almost always, it ends up being something I did wrong, misinterpreted or very commonly, I fat-fingered a key entering a parameter.

Your project is absolutely fascinating!
    Thanks Larry, you are right about most of the errors being on the users side. What software do you use for designing your PCB? I used Eagle free edition for a short while. Was working great. They've been purchased by Autodesk and I know that you can design electronics directly in Fusion 360 nowadays, but I don't think it is available in the personal free version of Fusion.

Added some details to the front grill and started a preliminary version of the fenders.

205.JPG 206.jpg 207.jpg

Here are some pictures of the printed parts.

They are not primed yet since I'm not certain these will be the final versions.

208.jpg 209.jpg 210.jpg211.jpg 212.jpg

Will now model the firewall portion of the tub. I have to figure out if it will be printable in one shot for the 1:6 scale or if I need to divide it in two parts.

[QUOTE=bluesblooded;14478]Thanks Az!

Thanks Larry, you are right about most of the errors being on the users side. What software do you use for designing your PCB?

I am not a very accomplished user. I use ExpressSCH for my schematic design and either ExpressPCB or ExpressPCB Plus for the board layout. There are any number of circuit simulators that handle my relatively simple stuff (no microwave or RF designs...)