Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Decals, man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Decals, man!!!
    Don't think so. I tried and it's harder than it looks. I would need to study a lot more photoshop or gimp to be able to pull it off and in all honesty, I don't have the time. I hope that someone that will buy the files to 3D print will come up with decals that I could then add to the Jeep.

Today is the day! The 1/6 is finally completed. I will print a 1/8 in the upcoming weeks. I'll come and post the results then. In the meantime here are the 1/6 pictures.

375.jpg 376.jpg 377.jpg 378.jpg 379.jpg

385.jpg 386.jpg 387.jpg 388.jpg

Thank you all for your amazing support and friendship. It's truly appreciated!

In my opinion, decals aren't needed. A basic invasion star on the hood would be as far as I would want to go. If you were to put a USA along with a registration number of random numbers on the hood, then you would open yourself up to people wanting to fact checkers and grief. It would then snowball to the Army guys will gripe if you put the Marines on there, and the Navy guys will want the whole Jeep grey, then the Air Force/Army Air Corps guys will want a blue Jeep. Keep it simple, and people will take it for what it is, a piece of art.

Well done! It looks great!

Bravo!!! Thank you for sharing the final build! Perfect.

What a great project! Thanks for bringing us along.

Truly AMAZING bluesblooded!!!!!

Thank you Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that the 1/8 scale is coming along as well. Should have something to show within a week.

I've put the files on sale a week ago. There is approximately 25 persons printing the MB as I write this.

I'm also going to try to convert the 1/6 scale to make it RC. The virtual Willys MB project ain't over!

Ride on bb! Keep it coming.