Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

So glad everyone is into this build. I look forward to the daily progress, a hilight!!! But. You know me. I got opinions. Are those shifters set in a hole with a rubber grommet so they move around or what? I mean the little gi Joe dude has to be able to shift. Or better yet, the gi jane has to shift for him so he can keep his arm around.

5Jeeps, your imagination is matched only by your ability to find those old cool things you keep coming up with and posting! The "little GI Joe dude"!

bb, this is like watching Jurassic Park.

Look man, this thing is going places. It says world adventrues

Might need to print a scale Pelago in uniform, surrounded by the dancing girls. Then don't forget Jake the Retriever.

Thank you Guys!

If I may ask, what is a Pelago in uniform?

"what is a Pelago in uniform? "

A decorated Veteran, a hero, a friend to all!

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...n-thing-is-out
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-15-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks, this epic thread is on my list of read. I was not aware of his history, I appreciate our freedom and way of living, thank you Pelago and all the veterans!

Pelago is the kind of man one hopes to meet, hopes to know, hopes to be like should the need arise. I've met a few heroes and those interactions make me a better version of myself daily, even years later. It's good to know we have Americans like that for the rest of us.

Hey, here's a picture for phase three of this particular awesome build!

So how's it going?

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    So how's it going?
    Well last week has been a colossal waste of time.

I received my new printer and assembled it. Here are partial build pictures of the new printer

184.jpg 185.jpg

After building it, it would not power on. Searched on google and finally got it to start.

Then I struggled for 4 days to print anything with it.

This was my only successful print.

188.jpg

After a week, I unassembled it and shipped it back to the manufacturer.

Meanwhile I also troubleshooted issues with my first printer. Remember the first army green filament I purchased, I was unable to print with it. It would always clog in the nozzle on every print. Well I got the same issue with a another brand of filament. So I decided to contact the company. The printer and the army green filament is from the same company. So someone could assume that they would work well together. We've been emailing daily with things to test to no avail. I did a lot of research and I may have found the culprit. Insufficient air flow to cool the upper part of the heat block. I installed a temporary fan and was able to print stuff with the green filament. But not the same luck with the other filament. I ordered the correct fan and received it today. I will install it tomorrow afternoon and do some more testing to see if at least my first printer is now working as it should.

I also got around to modeling a little bit. I started on the pedals. This is revision 2

186.jpg 187.jpg

It's hard to tell if they are the right size and in the right position. They seem odd to me. I think the pedal is too high, but it's hard to tell.

After that I planned to work on the steering wheel

But now I'm uncertain. I think I should probably start working on the body itself to see how things will fit together.

I was incline to forget the pedals and steering and move ahead in this order

Front grill
    Radiator
    Fenders
    Firewall
    Hood
    Tub

I am kind of lost as where to go from here, am I going at it backwards?

I'm trying to figure out the best order which will reduce the amount of revision done to dependent parts. Like these pedals. They might be too long, too short, too far from the firewall, I have no clue. So I'm spending a lot of hours on them and may need to redo them from scratch once I do the body work.

Any suggestions what the next logical steps should be are welcome.
    Last edited by bluesblooded; 10-23-2020 at 09:39 PM.