Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Wow coming along, almost there. Yup that armament looks pretty good AZ! I am thinking pelago knows how its supposed to look, I think he has used one.

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Tuning in for my daily dose of what's good about this world and you've delivered again! How cool is that thing! Not being knowledgeable in gigantic torpedo launchers, is that armament to scale?!? Wtg man. Coming along.
    I have no clue about guns, even worse on machine guns.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Wow coming along, almost there. Yup that armament looks pretty good AZ! I am thinking pelago knows how its supposed to look, I think he has used one.
    Thanks for confirming that it looks appropriate.

I used these two pictures without knowing whether they are a proper reference of the real thing almost 80 years ago. I think they are referenced as M31 machine guns.

326.JPG. 327.jpg

Az, it's going to be hard to provide regular new info for your daily dose, printer is printing 10 hours per day, but nothing much else worth showing going on. Working mostly on documentations.

Here's how I hope to fix the mating of the tub. I started with your overlap comment a couple of pages down, then wanted to make sure it would not slip one way or the other. So I came up with this extrusion on the back side and added screw tabs under to attach the two portions together.

328.JPG

The opposite has a 0.1mm wider slot for tolerance so it fits easier.

329.JPG

Here's the last two days of printing non stop

330.jpg

The military green is a bit lighter shade than I wish it'd be, but it beats painting the parts. Side by side comparison is not helping, but by itself I think it will be close enough.

Printing those seats and a top is gonna be fascinating. It's been close to render thus far, so if you pull off the seat to match the render, it'll be astonishing. Yours is the fastest build from ground up ever. Did you ever mention if you are going to print your own decals or get from somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Printing those seats and a top is gonna be fascinating. It's been close to render thus far, so if you pull off the seat to match the render, it'll be astonishing. Yours is the fastest build from ground up ever. Did you ever mention if you are going to print your own decals or get from somewhere?
    I will print my own decals. I don't know yet what I want exactly. I will for sure do the name plates and dials on the dash. Not sure what or if I will do on the body.

Since I will not have much to show, I thought that I may show you the pictures I'm working on for the build document. If it's of no interest, let me know.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg
    Last edited by bluesblooded; 12-06-2020 at 08:33 AM.

06.jpg 07.jpg

That's it for today!

Here are the next 5 for the front axle

08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

The Browning 30 Cal is right on the money. That is the smaller of the two machine guns used for the machine gun mount, with the other being a M2 Browning .50 Cal machine gun. Fun fact, we still use the M2 .50 Cal today on our modern military machines. The M2 (Ma Deuce) has been in operation since the end of WWI.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-th...149264398.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks GM, always a pleasure to get accurate information and pictures! I read later that the M31 refers to the machine gun mount.

Pictures of the transmission and transfer case assembly

13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

Pictures of the suspension assembly and putting it all together with the frame

18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg

Ma Deuce is the ultimate fight stopper!