Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Willys MB

Hybrid View

Part deaux? Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Part deaux? Can't wait!
    Thanks, I'm glad you are in for the ride.

the 1/8 is now completed. Here are some pics of the whole family

393.jpg 394.jpg 395.jpg 396.jpg 397.jpg

398.jpg 399.jpg 400.jpg 401.jpg

I'm selling the 1/10 for 125$ and the 1/8 for 150$ including shipping in Canada and US.

Will put them on Etsy later this week. For you guys, I'll give you 25$ rebate if you are interested.

I'm impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ-MJ View Post
    I'm impressed!
    Thanks AJ-MJ

A knowledgeable person told me that my original gearbox design was going to be a problem. The gear reduction was inadequate. With my configuration, the Willys would've run at 30mph.

He was very helpful and provide me with a fantastic spreadsheet to compute the gear stages and reduction. He said my goal should be between 3 and 5 mph.

I also need to build the gearbox in such a way that it will fit in the avalaible space without moding the visible parts of the Jeep.

So I came up with this gear arrangement.

402.JPG 403.JPG 405.jpg

Here's a sliced view which shows I have enough room to build a housing around the gear that will fit inside.

404.JPG

With this new arrangement in conjunction with a 55T motor and a differential gear set up of 13 teeth /26 teeth, the Willys at full throttle will run at 4mph with 110mm tires.

That is the only thing that will clash, the tires will have nothing in common with the original. I have not found RC tires that mimics the Willys tire look.
    Last edited by bluesblooded; 01-30-2021 at 04:17 PM.

35 mph?!? Too fast! Too fast! Once you dial in your speed, remember that this thing is supposed to go the same "slow" fast uphill, downhill, underwater, over rocks, in mud, and the same fast driving in what you up there call real snow... Torque and traction and weight balancing, baby, so it does the same thing in all conditions! It is 4wheel drive, right? (So glad you are back at this)
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 01-30-2021 at 07:25 AM.

bb.... so it's got Ludicrous mode? It is quite possible their are a few who will aspire to that!

35 mph?!? Too fast! Too fast! Once you dial in your speed, remember that this thing is supposed to go the same "slow" fast uphill, downhill, underwater, over rocks, in mud, and the same fast driving in what you up there call real snow... Torque and traction and weight balancing, baby, so it does the same thing in all conditions! It is 4wheel drive, right? (So glad you are back at this)
    Slow is good, I have to walk by it. Not planning to build a F1. And yes we have real snow here, so 4x4 is a must. I envy your dry hot weather. Still two and half months before it's all melted. So is Cindy home yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    bb.... so it's got Ludicrous mode? It is quite possible their are a few who will aspire to that!
    Maybe, but I doubt it will go fast very long. Everything being plastic, I bet the gears won't sustain the heat very long. We will end up with gearbox pudding.

Ludicrous mode. A must! No, she's been all stop due to pandemic. They should be back to it momentarily.

Ludicrous mode. A must! No, she's been all stop due to pandemic. They should be back to it momentarily.
    Hopefully she'll be home soon!

Worked on the gearbox housing. Will print and test in the next couple of days.

406.JPG 407.JPG 408.jpg 409.jpg 410.jpg