Thread: Harts Machine shop and The Tug Boat Motor that could

Harts Machine shop and The Tug Boat Motor that could

We have been discussing Hart's Machine in a few spots on rebuilding engines this year. To recap, Hart's is in Cecil Ohio. They are a FULL service machine shop to say the least. They have rebuilt several 134's and machined on things you cannot imagine like the attached photo's. I am betting Larrbeard's interest will be peaked!
    Attached Images Attached Images

And another picture. In this picture the fuel is bieng warmed in preparation to fire the beast. It starts with a charge of air and a belch of fire and brimstone! An awesome thing to see and hear. It was designed to run on crude oil right out of mother earth. It will run on anything however, including waste cooking oil.

Just never know what you will see at Hart's! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bho...I1RKu95Hk/view

http://www.hartsmachineservice.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 09-17-2020 at 12:53 PM.

I love it! Wish I had that in the driveway to annoy the neighbors, and to burn off all my filtered used oil.

A piece of art

Oh Yeah - that is beautiful! I'd love to see the belch of fire and the exhaust plume under load!

Of course it would never pass today's air pollution standards - like our Jeeps.

Have you noticed that an F/L-134 has a totally different exhaust smell than a modern car? My wife, who can smell an incidence of flatulence 100-yards downwind from her in a hurricane can stand in the kitchen and smell me bring the '48 out in the drive to warm it up.

"You've got the Jeep out- right?"

"Yes, dear."

I don't know if you guys have "Threshing Bees" or even antique engine shows where you are but there are some very interesting old engines that guys fix up.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Oh Yeah - that is beautiful! I'd love to see the belch of fire and the exhaust plume under load!

Of course it would never pass today's air pollution standards - like our Jeeps.

Have you noticed that an F/L-134 has a totally different exhaust smell than a modern car? My wife, who can smell an incidence of flatulence 100-yards downwind from her in a hurricane can stand in the kitchen and smell me bring the '48 out in the drive to warm it up.

"You've got the Jeep out- right?"

"Yes, dear."
    Ah the smell of excess un-burnt hydrocarbon in the morning!

I had the opportunity to be the fireman on a steam engine once. The fireman is a fancy term for the guy with the shovel jamming coal into the firebox. Love the old technology of cast iron, gears, chains, and big pistons. The big stationary hit and miss engines are fun to play with as well. The belts running to a threshing machine or stationery bailer makes you happy you don't have to farm that way. It is amazing that a half ton chunk of iron produces 8 HP, but it makes up for it in torque.

LarrBeard is right, the Long Suffering Misses can always smell when the heep is out. She would generally be grabbing her coat to go for a ride.

I love the smell of 89 octane in the morning.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-18-2020 at 02:38 PM.