Thread: Need cj3a body

Need cj3a body

Hey folks, I’m looking for a used cj3a body. When I say used, I mean in practically any condition. More specifically, I need the window frame, cowl, and radiator support. But I will take those parts even if they are attached to an entire Jeep that someone wants or needs to scrap. I have NOS fenders and other key parts. The rest is to be fabricated. If not available through this forum, maybe a couple of contacts or websites could be suggested. I do not want to buy one of the tub kits available out there. I do not have the patience, knowledge, or facility to fix and modify them. I am having a real one fabricated, assembled, and painted that will fit the first time.
    Thanks
    Tom

Check out eWillys.Com. There is usually a steady parade of adds from across the country.

Man its a whole lot easier and cheaper than that. Just call https://www.willysoverland.com/ . It will bolt to your frame and will be correct in all aspects. They are at the Toledo Jeep Fest every year with product. As good as you are going to get since they have the Jigs and Templates that establish all original locations. You can't reverse engineer it from rusty parts as accurately. The metal is original gauge. It costs a bit more but, its guaranteed to fit and function just like the original.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 09-21-2020 at 06:23 AM.

I just received an email from Brian, aka metalshaper, the guy that is going to assemble and paint my cj3a body. He says he has everything we need except the tool box. I am not going with the Filipino tub. I know they can be made to fit but once done with shipping and paint the costs will be comparable, possibly less. Brian has a ton of NOS parts on hand or has access to them, such as fenders. I like the idea of a hand crafted body from original American metal mixed with the fabricating talents of a local guy that happens to really know his jeeps.
    So any help with the tool box would be greatly appreciated.
    Tom

gm willys has fabled a tool box or two. I think he may have posted a build up on one of his threads. He will spot this and give you some help.

Brian is a true craftsman, and will take the time to work your tub to perfection. He has been an inspiration to fabricate more of my own damaged parts.

I have located a toolbox in New York, will be traveling down soon to get it and drop it off to Brian in CT on my way home. Thanks gmwillys for the vote of confidence in him. I do feel that I am in the hands of one of the best when it comes to Jeeps. You should see the transmission/transfer case/overdrive/PTO setup he just rebuilt for me. It is a real treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toms51 View Post
    I have located a toolbox in New York, will be traveling down soon to get it and drop it off to Brian in CT on my way home. Thanks gmwillys for the vote of confidence in him. I do feel that I am in the hands of one of the best when it comes to Jeeps. You should see the transmission/transfer case/overdrive/PTO setup he just rebuilt for me. It is a real treasure.
    Keep us posted once you got it and watch out for red flags. Some of my friends have been scammed.