Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi all! Just got a Willys

Hi all! Just got a Willys

Hi all. My family just inherited a Willys Jeep. I thinks it’s a CJ-3B, but I honestly don’t know for sure. The Jeep itself is still in California and I’m in Georgia. I did get a hold of a few pictures. If anyone can shed any light on model and year, I would really appreciate it.

615F2AEE-CDB3-4CF3-A780-327BF8694317.jpg

3190CB1A-7CD7-44B2-80B6-A2C56A697F4A.jpg

738906AD-0E4D-4FF4-B37E-52E2240F1924.jpg

1FCC5A61-94C9-4C30-8B15-3959AD2D5F7A.jpg

Hey, dust that thing off and I bet it will look pretty good!

Can't beat free. Or sell it without having to pay shipping and pocket the money on the sale. And by the way, I'm in California
    "Options are for girls"

Welcome New Willys,

At first glance, you have yourself a 2A. The year would be around a '48 or '49 from the looks of the marker lights in the grill. The F134 engine was installed after the original either went south, or they wanted a couple extra horses that the F head offered.

All and all, the Jeep looks like a great start to a project.

Nice! I am going to say it almost looks like it is an earlier model because of the hood height. However that is an F head in the motor house which would mean a 3B or newer. Now that being said an F Head typically wont fit under the hood of a pre 3B Jeep. It could be the angle of the photo, but the hood just looks not tall enough for a 3B. The seats look like a 3B. gm willys will know.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutingranch View Post
    Can't beat free. Or sell it without having to pay shipping and pocket the money on the sale. And by the way, I'm in California
    Ha! 😀 I’ve had my eye on this thing for a long time. I had thought about getting an early Bronco (I’ve had a couple over the years) for a father/son project, but damn those things are expensive now. Instead it’s gonna be a Willys! I can’t wait to get it here and see it in person. Also to look in the back of the Jeep, apparently there’s a box of parts in there.

Thanks for all the replies! I’ll post more when the Jeeps here and I’ve had some time to see what I really have!

very nice condition!

The smart guys who have done the F head conversions would also perform a body lift to make up enough room for the carb. I hate to see the hacked up holes that often accompany the F head conversion on the low hood 2A and 3As. Broncos and Scouts are astronomical these days. The Willys are still somewhat affordable, but they are on their way up as well.

The seats are to what appears to be later CJ5 seats set on top of the original seat frame bases.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.

gm has the "eye".

The ask for 1st gen Broncos is, well, absurd. I "was" involved with them for the last 50 years, but people have lost their minds about those things.
    We used them at work and the joke was "unsafe at any speed". I've owned six but no longer as it has gotten way too stupid.
    "Options are for girls"