I figured out the zero compression in my number 4 cylinder. IMG_3454.jpg
All of the other cylinders weighed in at >90 lbs. of compression and the no. 3 was even at 100, though the valve was the next most concaved. This is my first rodeo when it comes to engine stuff and so I'm bumbling around a little. The other two valves look really good as do the seats. I would almost think someone had done a valve job recently if it weren't for the number 4 and 3 valves. Interesting note here, the number 1 valve is Willys scripted and in very good condition. Obviously the valves are a mixed bag. I'm not sure what would cause such radical differences in the wear or burning of the valves.

I plan to replace all of the valves with new ss, just so I don't have to worry about gas additives. I'm not sure what to make of the valve guides or how to determine if they too need to be replaced. The jeep hasn't run in about 30 years, so I can't judge by smoke from the exhaust, which is what advice on Google points to. One excellent Youtube video showed how I could pull the guides without pulling the engine, which suits my purposes for the time being. It said number four could be a problem because of overhang of the hood cowling.

Anyhow, is there a reasonable way to figure out if the valve guides are too worn?

Assuming they are too worn, what off the shelf valve guide driver would you recommend?
And what valve guide reamer would you recommend.

Thanks!