Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member here with a new to me Willys Jeep

I was told that since I had paid for the body with my PayPal card, it was covered by their buyers protection plan. I filed the report with them, waiting for a response.

Wow just what you don't expect. You make the decision to get a new body and you get a new demolished one. You expect the lure of the new body, (bolt on no major body work required) to compensate for the wait and cost. Then you get nothing but trouble.

Stick with it Bob, you'll be glad you accepted nothing but your goal in the end. Man what a bummer. As Mark said, you still need to "massage" them a bit, they are not perfect, but usually they are a real good start. It sounds like they sent you a total loss.

I am VERY interested to watch the Customer Service on this. Something near and dear to my heart. Customer Service defines the confident worthy company from the "others". If you aren't confident you don't stand behind it. We now have an example from the company who sold it to you, I can't wait to see how PayPal handles this. If you have to use the law, small claims could be successful. I would go after the seller and the shipper at the same time. They have to show up in "your" courthouse. Your backyard their inconvenience.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 11-15-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Wow just what you don't expect. You make the decision to get a new body and you get a new demolished one. You expect the lure of the new body, (bolt on no major body work required) to compensate for the wait and cost. Then you get nothing but trouble.

Stick with it Bob, you'll be glad you accepted nothing but your goal in the end. Man what a bummer. As Mark said, you still need to "massage" them a bit, they are not perfect, but usually they are a real good start. It sounds like they sent you a total loss.

I am VERY interested to watch the Customer Service on this. Something near and dear to my heart. Customer Service defines the confident worthy company from the "others". If you aren't confident you don't stand behind it. We now have an example from the company who sold it to you, I can't wait to see how PayPal handles this. If you have to use the law, small claims could be successful. I would go after the seller and the shipper at the same time. They have to show up in "your" courthouse. Your backyard their inconvenience.
    AutoAnything, which owns Morris 4X4 Center, referred the damage claim to Omix, the listed manufacturer. Omix denied the claim. I was planning to sue Omix and the shipper, UPS Freight. It was brought to my attention by a business partner that since I paid with my PayPal card, that my purchase is covered by the PayPal buyer protection plan. I filed a dispute with PayPal, now we are awaiting the response from the seller. If the seller response is not acceptable, it will transition to a claim. My local courthouse does not allow me to file a lawsuit against out of state companies.

I would file a hidden damage claim with the trucking company and use those photos as proof. Then contact the people you bought it from- they may send you replacement panels at no charge. It couldn't hurt to ask, and the money you save could be put to work elsewhere.

Well, good news on the damaged body. My card provider sided with me on my claim. The seller never bothered to respond to the claim, as they had no valid reason to deny filing for an insurance claim in the first place. I was given a 100% refund, and the seller is stuck with filing an insurance claim or going after the shipper to recover their loss. I am also not required to go through the effort of returning the damaged body, as they had plenty of time to come and get it. The body shop gets to keep it for keeping it stored in a secure area to prevent theft.

I looked at the M38A1 body kit on KaiserWillys. It looks very nice, but I am not sure I am willing to spend that much again at this point. That last body ordeal kinda soured me on spending that much on a risk of possible shipping damage again. Maybe if I had a decent coupon code to apply. LOL

The body shop gets to keep it for keeping it stored in a secure area to prevent theft.

That sounds to me like a pile of pieces for a parts donation ...

You need to call Mike At KW and explain both your concern$. He may have a way to ease your mind. I can tell you that my body arrived from KW damaged. The crate from the Philippines is made of light angle iron which is good, and a paper thin wooden crate, which is bad. The crate got stabbed by a fork lift and did some damage to the cowl. Something "heavy" like a feather, fell on the crate and busted through the paper thin wood in a few spots. The windshield fenders etc are all packaged in side the tub. Some of it came loose and caused some damage. All in all the body shop blew right through the damage, not to bad. I called KW when it arrived and Mike made it right. Buying it from KW should take the risk out of it for you. Worst case the shipper damages it again, and you have to call Mike.

Bob I got mine from “Willys Overland Repli-Tub” in Toledo and was fairly happy with it and Jay the owner is a Great guy to deal with. You need to get on their website and check it out.
    https://www.willysoverland.com
    Last edited by TJones; 03-22-2021 at 05:44 AM.

I second the Replitub recommendation. Willys Overland in Toledo takes an MD Juan tub and works them over to fit.

https://www.willysoverland.com/repli-tubs
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-22-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Yes TJ and gm, a solid endorsement! I have wrote about them before. Larry and I were able to check out there display at the Toledo Jeep Fest. They have been there every year. Real good stuff. You do have to pay for it and some guy's will do the "fitting" themselves. However Willys Overland takes all the risk out.