On this three day trip we were lucky with the weather. It was late August and only on one day it rained a bit. When the drizzle got a bit too much we stopped and raised the roof. Despite a lack of doors that works surprisingly well although the wind screen wipers aren't up to much...
As for reactions: in Germany Oldtimers get a license plate ending on a letter H. That is a bit like an inoffical club and whenever you encounter another H-reg you wave hello, and they greet back. I've also been greeted, waved at or got a thumbs-up from other (non-H) motorists and pedestrians, people do appreciate when you drive a piece of history around, especially (at least for the ones with a bit more detailed knowledge of military history) when it is something as iconic as a Willy.

This weekend might actually be the first this year suitable for a ride, the weather is supposedly getting rather nice.
That friend of mine in the pictures and myself are curently kitting out with replicas of period gear so we can ride in style and also aim to make more photos with that. We'll see what will come from that...