Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me Willys Wagon

'51 2WD With OD!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbutcher View Post
    . My Willys is an overdrive truck. Hope I can get it to work.
    The mechanical part of the overdrive is a very reliable set of parts, most OD issues are electrical and due to age, rust, corrosion and broken wires. We went through one about a year ago here on the forum and somewhere I have a set of notes, advice and comments. The guy trying to get his to work had a bad overdrive relay; it was a new one just out of the box!

You also have the split front seat. If you keep the long side on the driver side, it is a "Come here, dear" seat - you put your arm around your sweetie, pull her over close and say "Come here, dear". I reversed the seats when I put the '48 back together because the grand-girls didn't want to snuggle up to stinky ol' Grandpa.

Thanks for the reply and the info on the overdrive. It will be awhile before I get that far but when I do I'll look you up for advise. I've never heard of a "Come Here seat", I've heard them called SOB seats..."Slide over Baby". Either way they get the message across. We only have a 2YO grandson, and I need to finish this project before he can drive. He points out every Jeep he see's on the road so I bet he will want to drive this one.

I have a 1953 Willys M170 that was a Marine Corp Radio jeep. Bought it in 2017 and been working on it since. Finally finished painting it, 8 spray cans and 1/2 gal of brushed paint. Not trying to fully restore, but to make it look good at 15 feet or moving. I used i here in NC on my goat farm.20201008_162138.jpg. My story "Barn Yard Restoration" was posted the Kaiser Willys site