Thread: 64 Jeep Gladiator

64 Jeep Gladiator

New to the forum, I have a 1964 Jeep Gladiator, 230 OHC J200 series truck that I redid the engine 25 years ago and then let sit in a barn since. I am now trying to rebuild the rest for my sons first vehicle. I am having a hard time finding a new bed for the back. I put a pressure treated flat bed on 25 years ago, but would like to find an original thrift side bed. Anyone have ideas for finding old parts for these vehicles?

Craigslist? welcome in. Looking forward to your build!

The original stuff is around from time to time. You would have to keep an eye on everything internet, Facebook market, eBay all the usual. This is a good place https://willysforsale.com/ and gmwillys and others also have some favorite spots. I think you can find what you need in re-production parts which are a great alternative in some cases. The newer re-production stuff is getting pretty good and some is now made in the USA.

Welcome Gladiator 2000,

Check out eWillys.Com. Put up a free post to what you are looking for.

5Jeeps is the King of the internet search.

Agreed! Just don't show them your custom sleigh bed cover on your Gladiator AZ. It might catch on!

I see those things time to time. Halfsies. Front half's. Back half's. It's not that rare. Maybe lucky... And, For the life of me I do not understand why more people do not convert their double bed frames into tonneau deluxe covers. Seriously. There's lots of styles to choose from in antique beds. A little nip and tuck, presto bango, your old car looks seriously different with its new tonneau!