Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grills

Great looking truck! apparently though it seems one of those Willy trucks pictured there has a gigantic aftermarket add on. Look at the truck right side front flat fender. What is that thing? Aerodynamics questionable! Lol. I saw a ton of pictures with various grilles. Once we have a serial we could match up the possibles.

Another Grill Variation

At the 2019 Toledo Jeep Fest, there were several Jeep wagons. I remember that one of them was claimed to be a ’46 or ’47; I recall that because it was the only civilian Jeep vehicle older than my ’48 Senior Truck. That particular vehicle had ceased to be a Jeep in anything beyond outer appearance. If I remember correctly; it was on a Ford frame with totally different running gear and it had a highly customized interior.

But, the interesting thing, from the only picture I have of it - is that the grill seems to have five slots! The front fenders have the separate fill piece up against the grille like the ’48 truck, not solid like the ’50 wagon. All three vehicles have bumpers that are the standard 6-bolt bumpers without the added grille guards that were an option at some time.

Willys-Overland was playing around with styling changes that were not immediately apparent to the casual observer, or even noticeable to those of us who look closer than most.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I guess I fell into the AMC generation of Jeep enthusiasts, and never paid that close of attention to the amount of slots on an early truck grill. I stand corrected.

Thankyou Senior Chief for clearing up the water!

As we have learned, there is no "standard" or "conventional" with WO. I was surprised when I counted the slots on that grill and I had to look several times to make sure that I wasn't seeing a trick of lighting - and I still would not wager anything precious on my count.

Who knows? Next month we may find a six slot at 45-degree grill?"

Last edited by Craig6; 11-23-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Nice Wagon! Love the color!

4X463 was the 4WD wagon. S/N 14811 puts in the first 15% or so of the 1950 model year.

What does the dash look like; square or clock?

That's a keeper! I'm still counting the grille slots. Hang on

20201123_093833.jpg20201123_094224.jpg

Square with additional guages

Can anyone id this engine?20201123_094111.jpg20201123_094122.jpg