Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member with 1950 CJ3A

And just found this about restoring Harrison Heaters!
    https://www.cj3apage.com/index/My_19...son_heater.htm

Quote Originally Posted by skloetzel View Post
    The internet is never wrong, right?

Question: Does re-arching springs work well for Willys leaf-springs? Mine are essentially flat.

[inform if i should shut up here and start new threads, never been on a Forum b4.]
    Right... wrong.

Re arching springs is a temporary fix to a fatigued spring. They will return to flat, then break. Now re-arching a new spring that's different.

Keep up the good work! This forum is about your project.

[QUOTE=skloetzel;14912]And just found this about restoring Harrison Heaters!

Don't just repaint the motor - open it up and clean out all of the dirt and grit. Make sure the brushes aren't overly worn or cracked. Most armatures are in pretty good shape, but take a close look at the sleeve bearings.

It will purr and almost keep you warm

"inform if i should shut up here and start new threads, never been on a Forum b4."

Just keep posting. We're not "that kind" of Forum. We'll mix just about everything into the pile.

Thanks for feedback, y'all! OK, will put new leaf springs on the list - after 70yrs, they deserve to be replaced i am sure.

Finally found this most helpful YouTube vid about rebuilding Harrison heaters (of this model), and an exact-fit 12V Dayton motor, available from Grainger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADbPnCqJqbQ

So i will try that route, hoping it will put out more heat w/ replacement motor...this is cold country!