Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground up 51 update

Ground up 51 update

Big step today, drivetrain installed... thought I’d share.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Clean look!

Looking great! I love this part.

Thanks... I love this also... all new stuff from here on out.

Looking great! Well done!

What do you mean new stuff?

I am pretty much out of usable parts from the original Jeep. The original driveshafts are close to being finished and installed soon. The original PTO will go back someday. After that, all new parts, including the tub, which is coming from a new source in India to be finished by Brian in Connecticut. The original Jeep was a real mess, rust on everything, gas tank poorly repaired several times, even the wheels were pitted badly with oval lug holes. I’ve gone this far, so new on everything as the budget allows. I’m shooting for 2 to 3 more years... Oh, the original drivers seat frame is good. It had no passenger seat.

I feel for you Tom! Mine was also mess. The good news the new stuff is pretty good no mater where it comes from. As long as it is the new stuff. Older tubs and parts were notoriously cheep. Not so on some anymore. There is a of of NOS out there. I tried to use as much as I could find.

Hopefully Brian will post videos of him going through his process of working with the tub. He isn't a fan of the India tubs, but he has the skills to make it right.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTH...ugLuj0oi384tEQ

Actually sir, I just dropped off something to Brian this past Friday and he was very excited about these new India tubs, so much so that we have switched from him cobbling and fabbing one to buying one of these. It will be a lot less expensive. It is the tubs from that one factory in the Philippines that most suppliers sell that he will not even consider working on. He is working on trying to get them in bare steel vs primer because he will just strip the primer off anyway.