Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ground up 51 update

My apologies. My brain wasn't engaged when I wrote that. You are correct about the Philippine MDJuan bodies being troublesome. I was so closed minded about the body kits, that I didn't know this outfit existed. If Brian is sold on the bodies from India, then I might need to change my thinking towards body kits, since he is such a perfectionist when it comes to fitment.

https://www.sgireengus.com/about-us/

No apology necessary. You are right about him, a perfectionist to his core. He caught me off guard with that one. In fact I was bringing him the only body parts I had remaining, thinking we were going that route... I’m excited now, it’s going to be Luzon red with beige wheels and the red stripe on the wheels.

Now for sure I’ve gone as far as I can. Maybe I could look at early wiring. Gotta adjust the brakes. The body from India is somewhere in the pipeline, held up we think buy the Suez Canal blockage backup and covid still going hard over there. I’ve started to stockpile parts that will be needed to finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You sound ready. On the beige wheels, is that color original? I was reading some debates about wheel color and am wondering how you addressed it

Like yourself, I read up on the topic as much as I could and then there’s Brian in Connecticut who knows a thing or two. The consensus is two colors were used with the Luzon Red paint, the beige and a light yellow, probably used randomly as supplies allowed. Wasn’t it like that with the same parts from different vendors? Anyway, that, along with a few pictures swayed my decision. I just like the look and it happens to be correct, although I’m learning that “correct” in the Jeep world covers a wide spectrum.

Awesome. So, in conclusion it's the same stuff different century, and whenever the canal shipping starts flowing normal life is good, and we don't know why but, my how original colors are correct to see on a resto. Love it.

Body is in!

Well, it’s been a while but Brian finally has the body and he’s very satisfied, except for the grill. A few things there that they got wrong but they are very open to feedback and Brian, along with Peter DeBella are letting them (India) know. In the meantime, we will use the original grill, which was the only body part I salvaged. I am excited about having that being used. Just waiting on word to bring the completed chassis down to CT for Brian to fit the body, make adjustments, then dismantle and paint. He is also going to put it back together before I bring it home and finish. It will also be started for the first time while it’s there. Been a year and a half since the engine was rebuilt. Next post hopefully is a painted Jeep, ready for finish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome Tom! Getting close now. I was also able to salvage the original grill. That is the most important piece of the body I think. The Jeep grill is the signature. Its worth any extra work it takes to keep it if you can.

Great news Tom51! Glad you are mostly happy with the replacement tub. Can't wait to see your plan come together.

Way to go!