Hi everyone; I finally did it!
I’ve wanted a Willys ever since I saw the adds in the back of the magazines for “ Jeep’s in a Crate for $50 “ back in the late Fifties. Guess what, I never did find one but I picked up a 1951 or 52 CJ-3A. She’s tired and she’s going to need work but she’s all mine.
The serial number on the firewall reads 452-GB1 35236. Now the engine block casting block number is 638632 W6 A N1-CR-NI. There is a number stamped in front of the block number that is stamped 6-6
Now the number I’m having problems with is the engine serial number. I’m reading it as M(B? )615000. Between the M (B?) and the numerals is a punch mark. What do I have? The guy I bought it from said the engine wouldn’t turn and he’d been soaking the four cylinders with kerosene with the kerosene going through #1,2 and 3. When I got it home I cleaned out number 4 and it looks like someone had used a hammer and block of wood to break it free.
Sorry for being long winded but I’m excited to finally have one, it’ll be a work in progress. Thanks