Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member from New Hampshire

The serial number looks to use MB as the prefix. The WWII Jeeps used the MB prefix. The M38 used MC, but the serial number range is too low for your engine to be an M38.

Great project!

5JeepsAz, You’re right on the money about the USLSS.. I was in the Coast Guard from 1972-1976 and was a Surfman. Instead of launching pulling boats into the surf I operated a 44’ motor lifeboat that could roll over and keep running.
    AEAE96A4-ECA8-4B80-80D1-A258174F71DF.jpg
    “ You have to go out,
    You don’t have to come back “
    Keeper Patrick Etheridge, 1899
    United States Lifesaving Service

Love it. The history you become a part of in the service is what it's all about. Then you go in, take your turn, and a hundred years later some move you invented in a crunch like keeping the topside up somehow becomes part of life forever. I did not serve but have known some of the best people who did. Maybe it's just folks like us into resto that love the history. Anyway, I learned about the US Lifesaving service from reading your thread. Cool stuff!

Some great stuff on this forum that is for sure Az! All of us "civilians" truly benefit from the Veterans and servicemen on this site.

Brian I have to know... is it a rush doing a 360 underwater under power? Do you hold your breath just in case? Holly smokes!

Brian,

Thank you for your service! The guts that it takes to rush into an angry sea rivals our most celebrated warriors.