Hello- new owner of a 56 Willys. This Jeep belonged to my sister in laws family for at least 50 years. Was used as a hunting buggy until her brother died at which time she had it cleaned up and has “donated” to me to keep at our farm where she visits frequently. I took it to a mechanic to get it running and she had it painted and had the entire inside sprayed with a Bedliner. Runs good for a farm buggy and we are excited to start playing with it. Already had a couple of issues which is why I found this forum. I’m fairly mechanical and like troubleshooting. 12 volt electrical systems are not my strong suit but already had to trace all the wiring to figure out why my alternator quit working. After taking it off to go buy a new one I had them test first and found out it was good. A couple of hours later and several dings on my head trying to check everything under the dash I finally figured out the ground wire from the fuel Gauge to the fire wall was corroded. Always find the easiest fix last!! Anyhow, looking forward to learning more and thanks in advance for your help!