Thread: New member from Tahoe

New member from Tahoe

Hi everyone,

Got my first willy this past summer ('55 CJ5) and have been loving it. Have never been a car person, but excited to start learning. If there are any willys how-to meetups in the north/west shore Tahoe area (i.e. how to maintain/fix stuff) post covid, I'd love to meet up.

That's it!

Lake Tahoe, man I miss that place! A million years ago I called on the auto parts stores in the area. Beautiful isn't close to describing Lake Tahoe. I met Chuck Yeager in Grass Valley not far from there. We raced around the mountains in a Firebird he had been given by GM/AC Delco, that he used in a commercial!

There are a few Jeep Clubs around you. Hit up Google. Way back then I was helping a group of Jeepers compete on the Rubicon. They were out of Sacramento, but unless things have changed in the last several decades the Rubicon still attracts MANY Jeepers! A Jeep and the Rubicon is like pasta and sauce. I am sure a trip over there will introduce you to some Jeep Clubs and help.

That's awesome - great story. Grass Valley is pretty damn nice as well. I actually took the willy up the Rubicon a few miles this summer, but was WAY under prepared so was a limited 1/2 day trip. Thanks for the reply!