Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New member from Maryland...soon

If Senior Chief puts on his dress whites and drives his truck, we all would be put to shame of the amount of females attention he would get....

As the others have offered, if you find a Jeep in the Southeast, I would be happy to check it out for you.

LTP it looks like you have every part East of the Mississippi covered territory wise covered for spotters if you find something your interested in, I’m in NE Ohio if you see something that catches your eye in my area I’d be happy as well to check it out for you!!
    Last edited by TJones; 01-24-2021 at 08:42 AM.

thanks all! Greatly appreciated. I've been missing a few due to not being home, lol.

Update as a formal member of the flat fender club

Update!! Good news and not so good news, lol. The great news, I'm now a formal member of the flat fender club. Fresh of the boat from Japan, my wife took delivery of a 1980 Mitsubishi Jeep still in original Army kit. The not so good news, I'm still in Afghanistan, was extended due to the stuff going on, looking very much forward to getting home and tinkering on the Jeep!

Jeep side1.jpg

Jeep.jpg

Jeep intside.jpg

Jeep front.jpg

OMG!!! Are you kidding me? Your wife is an Angel, what a nice vehicle. Wow top notch man.

I hope you get home soon. I am sure you are aware of the news on Afghanistan here. We all truly appreciate the personal sacrifice and physical effort you put into the defense of our freedom. You deserve that "Flat Fender"!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 04-17-2021 at 08:09 AM.

glad to hear your check in. wondering what happened. you counting days still or is this for awhile? wtg wih your jeep find!

WOW livingthepast!!!!
    Thank You Again for your service!!!
    I agree with bmorgil your wife is a Angel, where in the world did she find that beast? That isn’t even a project she found you a finished example, it doesn’t need anything but a driver!!!!
    Praying for a speedy and safe return so you can enjoy your family and your new “Baby”!!!!

wait a second. is that thing right handed drive?

Thanks all, I married the right woman for sure, lol! It is a 1980 Mitsubishi Jeep J54, made under license from Jeep's CJ3B model. It has a 2.7l diesel and as 5JeepsAz noticed, it is right hand drive. May take some getting used to, especially on corners. It is in pretty good original condition with 25k miles on it. The frame/underbody still has the original heavy duty mil-grade undercoating. The tailpipe, all the way up to the manifold, is the only thing showing it's age and will likely need to be replaced in the near future. I have no idea how to replace a tailpipe, but look forward to learning.

It is 24v with some modern additions like defrost, an am radio (original), new tires. The top will need to be patched and then replaced in the near future and I need to figure out how to deal with the surface rust.

Started the countdown again, 27 and a wakeup. I'm excited to start tinkering!

under5.jpg under3.jpg under4.jpg under1.jpg
    Last edited by livingthepast; 04-17-2021 at 12:16 PM.

damn man, that's close. keep us posted. I've got a free driving school for interested jeepers, over on my thread. right hand drive. that'll be something to learn about.