Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New member from Maryland...soon

A Warning About Old Jeep Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    34 Keep your head down, and God speed to your end of tour. For the time being, check out the following link for information and Willys for sale across the U.S.]
    Just a warning.

If you decide to look for an old Jeep truck, you need to know they are chick magnets.

First the little kids want to sit in it and "drive".

Next their mothers want to try as well.

Then, here is where it gets interesting, GrandMa wants to get her turn!

Just a bright spot for you over there in the rock pile/sandbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by livingthepast View Post
    Thanks to all for the great welcome! 35 days and a wake up I've started the search for my project. I've got a warm spot in my heart for the "flat fender" jeep and have always been intrigued by the truck and wagon models. I still remember running across a truck in the middle of an extremely large swamp with nothing left but the speedometer. Yes, the Army has taken me to many places, including the middle of a few swamps. I rescued the square speedometer (it literally fell off the rusted dash and into my hands) and remember questioning how someone, at some point, managed to drive a Willys truck through 3 feet of water miles into a swamp, but then I remembered my youth and the places the CJ2a green machine took me.

Thanks for helping me look forward to a project and a new group as I transition back home.
    Thank You for your service livingthepast!!!!!
    I think a Ole Flat Fender CJ of some type is the way to go
    Maybe I am just partial to my Baby!

IMG_0180.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0178 (2).jpgIMG_0179 (2).jpg

Old Flat Fender Jeep

TJones brags on old flat fenders, but his Orange Crush is anything but old once you get past the fenders!

It is VERY nice, but I wonder if he went just a bit overboard with the eye shadow around the headlights?

(I'm just pokin' fun - I know paybacks are certain ...)

Did everyone notice how much younger Grandma LarrBeard is than Grandpa? Great Last shot from the Jeep Fest with Jerry Huber Larry!

Can you see what you are getting into here ltp?

Thw new guy is nowhere near grandma's, I could sense that much. I do recall those back when times, though. Jeeps do bring out a more vigilant strain. Remember it fondly. His only problem will be getting the Jeep, getting it running, and posting pictures of the build progress. The other takes care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    TJones brags on old flat fenders, but his Orange Crush is anything but old once you get past the fenders!

It is VERY nice, but I wonder if he went just a bit overboard with the eye shadow around the headlights?

(I'm just pokin' fun - I know paybacks are certain ...)
    You left me speechless larrbeard

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Did everyone notice how much younger Grandma LarrBeard is than Grandpa? Great Last shot from the Jeep Fest with Jerry Huber Larry!

Can you see what you are getting into here ltp?
    I was wondering the same thing about Grandma bmorgil

As much of a nut and bolt traditionalist that I can be, I can support TJones in his build. As much as I like the well worn in "patina" look, I can admire the shine and show versions. With that being said, to make the paint guys feel like they won a battle, here are some freshly painted wheels for the 2A project. The color reminds me of LarrBeard's truck...
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-22-2021 at 10:24 AM.

I love the "DeLorean" paint on the 2A gm.

I love the wheel color. Real men can paint their wheels any color they dern well want and dare somebody to poke fun at them!

A friend of mine had an old Cessna (circa 1954) that had a really nice paint job. It had striping about that color against turquoise and grey. Even though I liked the paint, I had to poke at him. I asked "Are you going to deliver Mary Kay cosmetics in that airplane?"

We were out puttering around one day and landed at FWA (Fort Wayne International) and as we cleared the runway, the local controller asked if he could taxi and hold just off taxiway B2, the taxiway closest to the local tower.

Craig asked “Why, is there a problem?” The controller answered; “No, I just want the two new guys to see the paint job.”