Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ham's '48; What Next?

Excellent explanation LarrBeard!!!!

Can't tell you diddly about electric but I can definitely tell you about playing in the dirt
    I do know one thing the Wire Wizard had a hell of a time getting the LED headlights, turn signals and marker lights to work right on the orange crush like they should. We still cant figure out why if you have the marker lights on the turn signals don't work on the front end only, but if the headlights/marker lights are on at the same time they work as they should, go and try to figure that one out Guy's.

LED Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I'll have to look to where I found a 6volt set, (headlamp assy. And LED elements.
    I have a good friend who is a Project Manager at Grote down in southern Indiana. His background is mechanical, so for the first six months he was down there I had to be his tutor for a lot of things electrical and light related.

I've told him that Grote needs to just modify the electronics package to make a lamp that runs on nominal 6-volt systems. It doesn't have to run over 4.0 to 36 volts, just 5.5 to 8.0 volts, and folks with vintage 6-volt systems would be a great market.

But those folks are volume market people, they look at half-a-million units as a niche market, so we figure out how to use 6-volt to 12-volt converters.

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    go and try to figure that one out Guy's.
    Uhhh, an impedance mismatch between the bifurcated framistan and the bipolar flux capacitor?

Or, in other words, "I dunno...".

Now I have to see if I can find the video of the government transmission professor....