Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1960 Willys pickup project

1960 Willys pickup project

Hey everyone! Little new to the forum but looking for a little help with my project pickup. I’m purring back together a truck that’s been torn apart for years. I have a few brackets that I need to find homes for. At the moment I am trying to install the front fenders and am trying to figure out the front mounts.

That is a great looking project. It looks like there is quite a bit of it there, and in good shape.

Welcome Xgreasemonkey,

Snap a picture of the mounts, and we will see what you are referring to. The front fenders are pretty straight forward on the mounts. Usually the mounts along the underside of the cowl are rusted out to where the nut clips are gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good luck with this build, make sure to keep us posted with the progress of this build.

Is this the correct location of this bracket. Fenders were off the vehicle but it has whiteness marks that something was bolted to the fender.

Does anyone recognize these little guys? Thanks for the replies.

I've got the '64 so the next body style but some of those I've seen. Middle one could hold an armrest to the door panel, left one could be hood. If I had to guess it's interior for the cleaner ones, door, window, something. I'm no expert, just throwing stuff out there.

gmwillys can help here I bet. I am thinking the "dirty ones" look like the Air Cleaner to Firewall brackets.

The first bracket on the left looks like a R/Front fender mount to the frame. I looked through the photos that I took during the disassembly, and I didn't take any of the fender mounts. Our wagon was a barnyard special, so it was pieced together with plow and harrow parts, and the original pieces were lost. I am certain that the last two pieces are splash shields, but will have to research.