Thread: “Time out” too short

“Time out” too short

I don’t post here often but every time I do I have to log in twice. I will type something but when I go to post it I don’t have permission and have to log back in at which point I loose what I typed unless I thought to copy it. Is there a way to extend the inactive time before the site logs a person out? I never think to time it but sometimes I am surprised by how fast it happens.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

51, drop RachelH or AmyB an email on your problem. Go to the Forum "Quick Links" and click on send message next to their names.

Log Out Time

Quote Originally Posted by 51 CJ3 View Post
    I don’t post here often but every time I do I have to log in twice. I will type something but when I go to post it I don’t have permission and have to log back in at which point I loose what I typed unless I thought to copy it. Is there a way to extend the inactive time before the site logs a person out? I never think to time it but sometimes I am surprised by how fast it happens.
    I have that problem too - I either type too slow or talk too much.

I will compose my message offline (like in Word), then copy and paste into the Forum message box.

This just happened to me today. I attempted to start a new restoration thread and had a very lengthy text. When I went to attach some pics, I got a pop up to log back in. When I did log back in everything I wrote was gone. What is the point in auto save when nothing really gets saved? Is there a was to have a draft saved should the time out occur?

Yeah - that happens to me as well.

When I am going to write a dissertation, I compose it off-line, in Word, and then copy and paste it into the Forum.

Often when I log back in and open another reply, I will get a query"Reload Autosaved Content?" and something I thought I lost will come back.

It is a quirk ofd the tool the Forum uses - not easily fixed by users

There are rumors afoot of a "new" forum engine coming. I think the KW team is working on something.