Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
Doc Dana (BMorgil) won't lead you astray --- he's a lot more trustworthy than he looks.
Hahahahahahah!!!!! This is why we love LarrBeard! He will wait a long time to get you back. Nice Larry! ya gotta love a great shot!

I don't think you can get into much trouble here, at least not something that cant be fixed. The actual trans work has a lot of support out there. Follow the Rick Stivers guide (watching out for the one mistake) and you will do great. The individual bearings can be challenging but there are three "tricks" to help you there. New caged style bearings, the sticky grease and a stick method and finally the one I use, a simple rubber band. Google up the videos (there are several) and print out Rick's guide and read it as you go. The service manual will walk you right through the transmission removal. I like to pull the transfer case and transmission as a unit. Support the back of the engine and disconnect a few things, and it comes out fairly well. Going back in is a mater of the alignment tool that came with your clutch and a good jack that rolls easily and holds everything solid.

As my good friend Larry said, we will help you if we can. It can be hard communicating the how to when all we can do is write each other, but we are certainly up for the try.