Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1946 CJ-2A Slightly Above Stock

That is really a good looking job.

But, don't be disappointed or surprised if you have some drips or drops around a seal or two once you get oil back in it - that 's just about par for the course.

It is not unusual to find a groove or burr that you missed when you tore it down...

But - Great Job!

Looking good JoeyD!

You are on the back nine of getting her back together now JoeyD!!!

Looking read to run Joey!

LarrBeard, I understand that. But I can't promise that it won't still irritate me a little bit. Really appreciate the kind words. Thanks to the rest of y'all too. I went ahead and ordered a couple of replacements parts for the transmission as well. They should be here this week and hopefully I can get that put back together this weekend. I need to make some tools to do that job as well to make things easier as Rick mentioned. I am certainly ready to get back behind the wheel of it.

This may be a good investment Joey for your D18 rear yoke if you don't already have it together and are in doubt about the rear yoke leaking.
    I bought this double lipped seal and speedy sleeve for mine when I had it all apart and put it in bc the rear yoke had a groove wore in it from the original seal.

IMG_3590.jpgIMG_3592.jpg

Alright folks, I know it has been a while but not cause nothing has been done. I will post the pics later tonight when I get to the house.

So I got everything back together without too much hassle and it is was a bit simpler than I expected. Which is a good thing right?! Anyhow, I do have to admit that I received some developing information from the Mrs. Things have gotten serious as you could say, yep at 40 years old I am gonna be a dad again. So needless to say, I have been a little busy with other things...lol That being said, I was not putting my now pregnant wife under, over, or on top of the trans/transfer case to help wrestle that think back in there. So I took down to a shop that said they could do it for a reasonable price, or so I thought. After 3 weeks of waiting I have found that I might have listened to you about this and maybe enlisted some other help to just do it myself. It is finished but at double the price because of it being "a learning experience". And apparently I have a leak, but we all kind of expected as much. So I should pick it up on Monday at the latest and go from there.

On a good note, I did get my windshield completely finished and honestly I basically did all the fabrication myself. The only thing I really outsourced was the glass that I had someone cut for me. So that is complete and just wanting to be installed once I get it back to the house.

Bottom line, lessons learned on one project for not doing myself while at the same time fully completing another that I expected to need assistance with. Can't wait to get it back cause summer is here in Texas and it needs to be on the road.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! A new baby, that is awesome news. You need to get that Jeep going for the baby picnics.

Way to go Joey! Congratulations on the baby and the Jeep progress.

Well here is the windshield. I am honestly really impressed with myself. I did not expect it to turn out so well. Just one more bracket and it will be fully mounted. Looking for some rubber pieces to reinforce the brackets. Other than that I will mount some blocks on the hood for a more original look. Gonna have to push the leak investigation to next weekend. But I know one leak is on the rear yoke and the other one looks fairly easy to find.20220520_203315.jpg