Thread: 1946 CJ-2A Slightly Above Stock

Hybrid View

Just checking in folks. And I agree with LarrBeard, no paint for the Heep. I have made a few additions but nothing crazy just yet. I am working on the windshield frame right now but probably won't finish till after the holidays. I have all of the pieces cut and the hinge bolted to the bottom. I have to invest in welder to complete the build, but it is something I should have in the shop anyhow. I will be learning on the fly for the most considering my last go with welding was about 15 years ago. I will post some pics of the project to see what y'all think before I put it all together. Only thing I think I still need to figure out are the latches at the top to hold it tight.

Oh yeah...on my daily drive to the gym this morning I had a trans hiccup. Looks like I am stuck in 2nd gear. Everything worked fine as I pulled out of the house and then bam, when I pulled into the parking nothing but second gear. I have had a little fluid leak but nothing crazy. So I am gonna pull the top off and see what is going on in there. I have already changed the fluid once, and it was bad. So now maybe it is just time to do it again, orrr I have lost too much fluid. I am hoping the former and not the latter of course.

JoeyD are you saying the stick wont move out of second gear, or there is no shift when you move the stick out of second gear?