Thread: 1946 CJ-2A Slightly Above Stock

Hybrid View

Another issue was changing wheels to fit around the discs. Not sure if that's an issue on the CJ but it was on the SJ truck. I did want to do it like you are planning. That's always the best. Start with keeping it original, try mod close to original, fully modern only when needed. Mine had every challenge for the brakes, so the rabbit hole led past Herm and Walcks, though they were super helpful and I met great jeep people, legends really if you think what a few knowledge keepers are doing for guys like us, along the way. It came down to "what's on your Jeep is on your Jeep". I had different drum size than parts available, one truck model later than plumbing available, too early for changing in parts off of the regular j truck set ups although they would have worked if fully transferred it was same thing to just go modern (mine is early in j truck series). These guys on here who had been through kept telling me the build, the journey, is all the fun. Looking back it is all true. But I surely appreciate where you are at with your build. The firehouse as you call it. Keep posting, man. Pictures!!!
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 02-06-2021 at 09:58 PM.