Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 Toledo Jeep Fest is on!

You guy's have me grinning so large I can see my cheeks! AJ just got one in on another thread, then the one two from you guy's..... that's it folks he's down for the count!

I promise it will tick like a clock (or a time bomb) on parade day. We may have a front row seat with LarrBeard's truck. Gotta make a showing for the KW forum!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 02-23-2021 at 08:54 PM.

If LarrBeard were to break down, I'd just pull him through with the Heep. Smile and wave boys, we got this.

All hat, no cows..... Haven't heard that one in a while.

We know LarrBeard is good! He would never leave port in an un-seaworthy ship.

Tow or be towed

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    We know LarrBeard is good! He would never leave port in an un-seaworthy ship.
    In WWII times, if a Navy ship had warning that they were about to engage in a battle, one of the evolutions was; "Rig to tow or be towed". As you might expect, it involved laying out a lot of heavy cables and big towing shackles.

On my last trip down south to Guantanamo Bay for Refresher Training, before the "final exam" the ship had a practice of filling heavy plastic 10-gallon containers (a lot like gas cans) with about 8-gallons of fresh water, tying them together in groups of three or four and sitting them on open deck areas in big metal baskets. The thought was that if the ship sank, the containers would float, giving survivors a source of fresh drinking water.

SO - for the parade, I suggest we all have a stout tow strap to rig for "Tow or be towed" and a plastic container with sufficient and appropriate refreshment to survive the parade route.

We need warm weather so we can get back outside.....

The Heep would be our Tank Retriever!

Lead Or Get Out Of The Way!

"Bringing the Kids across the tracks!"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Larry!

Great picture!

Perfect Picture Larry, I'll be there like you said "Lord willing and the Creek don't rise"!!!!!!!!

If I get mine back together

Sitting in the "Garage-Ma-Hall" over the weekend and got tired of looking at the oil spots on the floor and decided to tear the tranny and transfer case out of the Ole Girl and fix the oil leaks while it's slow at work.
    Not sure what the hell I was thinking but I'm in too far to turn back now.......
    At least I found the culprit, oil seal on the input shaft retainer was bad, may as well go through the tranny, transfer case and overdrive and put all new bearings, seals and gaskets.
    Last edited by TJones; 02-24-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Looking Good leading the Pack...