Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm the new guy

I'm the new guy

Hello everyone, truth be told I've been in here for a few months but just haven't gotten to this point yet. I am really enjoying the community so far and have gotten help with the questions I've asked. I can't wait until I can fully dive into my truck build but for right now it has to sit just a little longer. I hope that I'll be able to help in any way possible and I would greatly appreciate any help you would like to give. I hope you enjoy this picture of my truck and feel free to give and suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The_Green_Bean_59; 03-06-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Great looking truck TGB! Everyone will help if they can. Ya gotta love Willys trucks!

You are in good shape! There isn't a tree growing through a hole in the floor and coming out the passenger window! And I hope there isn't a critter in the bed.....

We were all "the new guy" at one time. Ask questions, share pictures - we're glad to have you.

Welcome in? Great starter! What's the plan, man?

Sorry for the extremely late reply, I've been busy (not with the truck sadly) But the plan is to get it restored back to original as possible and keep it as a street truck/ daily driver.

No problem Green Bean,

Life gets involved in progress attempts. That's just the way it goes. I know this next year I am going to try and double down and get some work done on my wagon.

Life Hapens

Quote Originally Posted by The_Green_Bean_59 View Post
    Sorry for the extremely late reply, I've been busy (not with the truck sadly) But the plan is to get it restored back to original as possible and keep it as a street truck/ daily driver.
    Life happens. Sometimes it is a four letter word, kind of like "work" and "snow". It took me 35-years to get started on the '48 - and then once it got started it took an extra year while the guy doing the restoration work took care of "life" in his family.

Sometimes it is amazing that a project ever gets finished. I suspect that over half don't get finished - that's why anyone who gets to a quitting place is looked upon as an "expert".

Plug away - it is a long term marathon, not a sprint. You get frustrated and walk away. Money runs out. Time and priorities get in the way. We've been there- done all of that and one way or another, we survived.

We're ready to share your victories, offer advice and opinions and just listen when it's time to scream (or cuss...).

Don’t look at the Jeep as one big project, think of it as several small projects and focus on one project at a time. That’s where I screw up. I removed my transmission and transfer case to overhaul. Got the transmission disassembled but, instead of reassembling it, I disassembled the transfer case, then the front hubs, then the front differential. Can’t get anything done because I never finish anything. I just keep moving to the next part before finishing one I started. I ran out of bench space with the transmission.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Well I appreciate all of your words of encouragement and I wish you all luck with your projects. I am currently working in the construction industry and it always takes me some time to get a process before I can be productive.

TGB59

Love It!!!!!!!