Thread: Mice and mud doggers in the radiator

Threaded View

Mice and mud daubers in the radiator

Guys: I have this 1949 all original Willys Jeepster with the L134 engine that I am trying to bring back to life. I now have spark and good compression and I should have the fuel system back to working condition in the next few weeks. Today I decided to see if the radiator would hold water. This Jeepster has been sitting in a shop for 40 years and when I got it both radiator hoses were off, why I do not know. Anyway after looking inside the radiator I notice a mud dauber nest inside the cap opening. After further checking, I found several mud dauber nests and a bunch of cloth/fabric material that was covering the entire top cavity of the radiator. I think I got it all out, but I thought I should flush it out just to be sure. It doesn't look like anything got into the the water pump opening or the thermostat opening. I was thinking of removing both hoses and run a garden hose in the bottom opening and back flush the entire radiator. Does this make sense or is there a better way? Thanks.
    Last edited by dgoodenow; 03-06-2021 at 06:42 PM.