Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there ANY value in old brake shoes/drums?

Is there ANY value in old brake shoes/drums?

I've done a complete brake overhaul in my CJ3B. The old brakes shoes are Bendix and the drums are quite old. I'm not sure the brand.
    Is there any value in these? In other words, is it worth listing these on eBay for someone who wants to re-do the shoes and turn the drums? I think there's enough "meat" on the drums but I replaced everything anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mark, you never know what someone will buy. Price them right and I am sure you can sell them. Shipping is tough on drums.

Mine became flower pots. You might consider a swap once the swap meets startup again? Some regular seller might trade you for something else min his pile...

Thanks!! I might just list the shoes for now.
    Those drums would make beefy flower pots!!

Good luck with this sale! Make sure that the price is right so you won't have a hard time selling it.

Thank you!! Yes I'll start 'em low, but make sure my shipping rate is correct.

Changed my mind. Keeping the drums. They're stored in my garage and tossed the shoes. I just can't keep it all, but I can keep some!

Don't blame you there. Hoarding Heep stuff will eat up a lot of real estate, bit some things are worth keeping.

Totally agree!
    Unfortunately ... (and I live in a decent neighborhood I thought), I'm missing my original "snail" 12 volt horn and my original spare tire holder. I had saved both with all my jeep parts (kept in ONE area for 35 years) and found both to be gone. My only guess is when I had driven around the block the few times, someone just walked in my garage and grabbed the first two things from the open cabinet. Very frustrating. I already bought the aftermarket tire holder. Looking for a horn now.
    I've hijacked my own thread!! haha
    I should post this in a "rants" section if there is one here.
    Oh well, life goes on.
    Last edited by Mark J; 03-31-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Gotta love a good rant! You have to hate thieves. Just the scum suckers of the earth. We had a new roof put on only to have them return and steal a Motorcycle and tools from my barn. Pelago had the low life try to steal his generator while it was running during a hurricane!