Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there ANY value in old brake shoes/drums?

Low Tone

[QUOTE=Mark J I like this "low tone" horn. It's not obtrusive like regular car horns, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Like the "Bull of the Woods", it lows at people to let them know "You're the Boss".

Does anyone else remember that chewing tobacco commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Does anyone else remember that chewing tobacco commercial?
    Wow LarrBeard, 1915 ish? Just kidding! That stuff is still around, Bull in the Woods.

I have the "Sparton" horn on 12 volts. A nice loud BEEP BEEP... sounds like the road runner! This is a fun web page on the 3B forum.
    https://cj3b.info/Horn.html

For those of us that don't remember Bull in the Woods;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pVtbbYBYA4

OMG!!! Not today. I can see the lawyers lining up. What a funny old commercial. That has to be about early 1960 maybe?

It didn't give a date that I saw. I would figure it to be the early sixties. Yeah, the lawyers would be all over it today. Watching vintage Twilight Zone episodes while Rod Serling pedaled and chained smoked Chesterfields never influenced my poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    It didn't give a date that I saw. I would figure it to be the early sixties. Yeah, the lawyers would be all over it today. Watching vintage Twilight Zone episodes while Rod Serling pedaled and chained smoked Chesterfields never influenced my poor decisions.
    Now I've got that song in my head "Bull in the woods, chewing tobacco; Bull in the woods, chewing tobacco..." I'll be hummin' it all day while I mow the lawn and putter with my jeep.
    I remember when I was a kid, I was fascinated with cigarette machines though. I loved all the pretty logos (especially the CAMEL!) on the rows of buttons. Both my parents smoked. I never smoked in my life.