Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun's '59 CJ5 Resto

I put the biggest mini-split I could find in my shop last year after a run of 100+ temps. Trying to cool my shop down to the seventies is asking too much of it but it does pretty good when set for 80. Putting some seals around the big door (40w x 12t bifold) would help quite a bit but haven’t decided how I want to do it yet.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

51 CJ3, I had the spray-in foam insulation put in my shop. I've got it set up to install a 220V window unit A/C that should do a good job of keeping the temps comfortable.

Your floor is going to turn out great! I'm with you on the hat channel. It is much better to buy the pieces and adjust them for what you actually have. In my little fab shop/garage/catch all, I have a little 110 A/C unit. It actually does pretty descent to remove any humidity, and makes life a bit more pleasant.

I got away with the biggest 110v window unit I could find, in a 3 car garage when I lived in Scottsdale. It did a pretty good job. You are right on about the humidity. Around here it is surprising how getting the 90 deg 90% humidity down to 80 and 50% feels so much better.

Anyone know if any reasonably priced metal-brakes that perform decently. I’ve got some sheet metal patches that have 45 and 90 degree bends. My attempts, last night, came out less than stellar.
    Last edited by Cajun98; 06-28-2021 at 12:53 PM.

I would spend a little extra to go first class, in my opinion. Woodward Fab puts out some good quality products, at not a huge amount of cash.

https://www.woodwardfab.com/product/...shear-machine/

gm do you have any experience with the Eastwood stuff?

https://www.eastwood.com/metal-fabrication.html

I just purchased a multi-process welder, (MIG, TIG, Stick, Spool gun/Aluminum) from Eastwood. After two months of the purchase, everything has finally come in, so it will be rip and roaring to go. I'm hoping by this weekend I will break it in right by welding on some new tail light mounts on the trusty car hauler. In short, there will be some upcoming information and critique of the welder. I will say that it is the best bang for the buck that I came across. Plus one of my guys who builds rock crawlers in the evenings, has had one since they first rolled out, and he loves it.

https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-mp...g-tig-arc.html
    Last edited by gmwillys; 06-30-2021 at 04:05 AM.

Got my floor riser welded in today. Also got the passenger side floor pan trimmed and fitted. Gonna get it welded in tomorrow. I'm finally starting to feel like I can see the end of the road as far as the rust repairs go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spent the day in the shop, fitting, trimming, welding, grinding, and sweating! Got a good bit done. The floors and tunnel are pretty much done. I had a lot of rust along the passenger side, below the door opening. I cut out the bad and installed the patch panel and got it welded. I just need to dress the welds. Next on the list are some minor repairs to the toe boards, installing the new toolbox that I got from KW (not impressed at all with the quality), and finally, installing all the new hat channel to the bottom of the floor pans. Slow and steady wins the race!!
    Attached Images Attached Images