Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeepster top frame details.

Jeepster top frame details.

I have a '49 Jeepster. I am missing the top frame part that extends from the corner of the windshield header, backwards over the vent window and door openning. Does anyone know if they are available, or can furnish a good picture so I could fabricate my own? This part attaches to the bottom of the front, side frame rail. Thank you, I plan to take detail pictures and video of my top fabric installation.

I'm not sure I get your meaning, but I have two such beast and I can get pictures and measurements when I know more. If it's what I think it's the top frame part that receives the weather strip for the top of the vent window and the top of the door side curtain. I have attached a few pictures, see below. I have seen complete top frames, but I have not found any top frame parts except the wood parts and latches.

IMG_2315.jpg IMG_2316.jpg IMG_2317.jpg

Rereading your post and looking more closely at the top frames I have, I think you are looking for the channel that attaches to the top frame and receive the weatherstrip for the top of the vent window and top of the window side curtain. If this is so, that channel is the same shape as the channel that fastens to the side of the windshield frame and uses the same weatherstrip. The only differences are the one that attaches to the windshield frame is bent a little to the shape of the windshield frame where the top frame part is completely straight and is 22 and 1/4 inches long. I have one that does not have the weatherstrip inserted, so I can remove and take some pictures if that helps.

Yes, that is the part. A detailed pic would be great, looks like I will be doing some fab work. Don't plan to run side curtains, but ya never know. Thank you again.

Yes, that is the part. Looks like it has nothing to do with the top fabric. I think I will be doing a bit of fabrication work.

I took the channel off and I now see that there is a slight bend in that portion that is over the vent window. The portion over the window side curtain is straight. It is 22 1/4 inches long, 1 inch across the back and 3/8 inches on the high side of the channel, see below. It is attached with 5 flat head screws, three over the side curtain portion using backing clips and two over the vent window that screw directly into the top frame

IMG_2326.jpg IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2331.jpg

I have found the part I thought was missing, mine has been chromed.
    Thank you to all who gave some really good info. Now I need to order the rubber insert. Looks like I will have some left over, comes in a long length because it is used for the hinge seal and the top W/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopster View Post
    I have found the part I thought was missing, mine has been chromed.
    Did you have it stuck back in a box that you hadn't searched through, or did you find a source for it somewhere?

Stuck back on a upper shelf. Short guys need step stools. Bought this Jeepster with 500 miles on a rebuild/hotrod alter. Came with parts and the top frame. Have the top kit, so, my next project.

Know the feeling. I've got two walls of containers of hardware and components for the wagon. All are marked with the contents, but it still took an hour to find the tub with door hing screws.
    Attached Images Attached Images