Thread: New Guy in GA 1958 Willys

New Guy in GA 1958 Willys

1958 Willys
    So I got the old girl running and it time for a new tub. Which tub is the best quality and fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome Richard, Search the forum for Tubs you will get a lot of information. Basically all the tubs are made in the Philippines. There are some exceptions but they seem to come and go. There is a place in Toledo Ohio called Willys Overland https://www.willysoverland.com/ . I would consider them the best source. They take a Tub and put it over some Jigs and tooling to make it as original as possible.

Searching through the forum here you will find a few comments about Tub kits. In my post I detailed a few times the issues I had with my Tub kit. https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...-Willys/page15 There is a lot to consider as you will see. Shipping and trust in where you buy it from are key. A newer kit is also key. As you will read, many upgrades were made through the years by the Philippine manufacturing facility. They almost all come from here. https://mdjuan.com.ph/contact-us/ Most horror stories are shipping issues and the lack of support if it is damaged. Buyer beware here. If you don't use Willys Overland in Toledo, You should expect to do a bit of work to get everything right.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 04-16-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Welcome Richard,

I agree with bmorgil, Willys Overland is by far your best choice. I got mine from Jay at W.O. and it fit like a glove and Jay has been doing this for a good while so he knows what he is doing.
    If you are going to do a complete restore there is really no need to fuss with something you will have constant problems with, you will have enough trial and error trying to figure your project out and completing without fussing with the most important part "Her Dress"

Keep us posted with pictures as you come along and especially questions you may have, between bmorgil, Larrbeard and gmwillys there will be nothing one of the 3 of them hasn't either done, figured out, or has a answer for so don't be afraid to ask!!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 04-16-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks
    I was hoping to avoid a lot of drilling, grinding and welding if possible. I will definetly check Willys Overland. It is ok to pay more if you get more.

So I called them and thier price is in line with everyone else. The do all the corrections to the tubs and keep the cost in line with other suppliers. I expected a significanrt difference for the extra work.

It sounds like you are getting a deal Richard! Mine had a cost attached, and I opted for a Kaiser Willys. I had to do some work but I did save some money. I had some issues and the boys at KW stepped right up. If you can get a guaranteed fit, look and function for the same price, I don't se how you can go wrong. Pick it up in August and you can enjoy the Jeep Fest in Toledo.